Jose C Florez joins us at the ADA annual meeting 2019 to discuss his presentation on diabetes research across the spectrum – from cell-based to clinical translation.
Filmed at the American Diabetes Association (ADA) annual meeting 2019, San Francisco, USA
1) What are the major obstacles to achieving personalised medicine in diabetes?
2) What is the role of epigenetic changes in the progression of type 1 and type 2 diabetes?
3) How will increased understanding of these changes affect the management of patients of diabetes?
4) What further research is needed to elucidate the genetic architecture of type 2 diabetes?
5) What recent advances in translational research in diabetes have excited you most?